Product Development Engineer Position Description:
As a Broadview Product Development Engineer, you will interface with clients to provide mechanical design engineering and CAD resources. You will work on a wide variety of projects — often more than one at a time — typically lasting between a week and six months before you move on to the next one. Clients in a number of industries, such as office furniture, sporting goods, appliances, medical, and toys, will keep you challenged and learning something new with each project.
Your duties will include:
• Converts verbal description or sketch to product concept; designs and develops product to meet customer specifications in function, cost, and appearance.
• Assures manufacturability of product, determining materials and processes to be used.
• Develops project quotes.
• Communicates with client and with company management to assure successful completion of projects.
• Handles all changes and problems related to product assigned.
• Provides customer with 2D and 3D drawings. Commits data to local or customer storage.
• Often manages multiple projects with multiple customers simultaneously.
• May work with Prototype Department to provide customer with prototypes.
• May consult with customer regarding necessary tooling.
• May work with customer on initial evaluation of parts.
• May assist junior engineers in completing project work.
Product Development Engineer Requirements
The successful candidate for Product Development Engineer will possess the following qualifications:
• BSME or Bachelor’s Degree in Product Design required.
• Entry level — 3 years+ experience in product design required. Experience in office furniture a plus.
• Advanced skills using Pro ENGINEER in advanced assembly and sheet metal is necessary. Advanced surfacing a plus.
• Knowledge of SolidWorks, Unigraphics or Catia, a plus.
• FEA capabilities a plus.
• Ability to design for injection molding, casting, extruding, metals (ferrous and nonferrous), and wood.
• A good understanding of all manufacturing processes.
• An understanding of how tooling is built.
• This individual must be an innovative, highly motivated team player with a positive attitude who is able to work independently.
• Analytical skills a necessity.
• Programming experience with CNC Milling Center, a plus.
• Must be a team player, able to work with variety of personalities with an attitude of humility.
• Must also be able to work alone and independently with client(s) assigned.
• Must be able to work on multiple assignments with multiple clients.
• Must have excellent communication skills including interpersonal.
Rewards for work come in many forms. A career with us offers:
• An attractive pay rate.
• Excellent benefits program that includes health insurance and a retirement program with company match.
• The excitement of working in a small, rapidly growing firm.
• Opportunities for advancement as we grow.
Creative. Hard working. Friendly. A small group that can brainstorm an effective, high-value design and make a decision for a customer without a lot of big-company red-tape. We are a full service, cutting edge engineering consulting firm, utilizing degreed engineering resources and state-of-the-art CAD, CAE, and rapid prototyping technologies. And, we are growing rapidly. Learn more about our company.